FCRA Disclosure

"Consumer Credit File Rights Under State and Federal Law"


Keywords: Credit Repair Legal Disclosure in Madisonville - Credit Disclosure in Madisonville,  FCRA Disclosure in Madisonville 

"You have a right to dispute inaccurate  information in your credit report by contacting the credit bureau  directly. However, neither you nor any 'credit repair' company or credit  repair organization has the right to have accurate, current, and  verifiable information removed from your credit report. The credit  bureau must remove accurate, negative information from your report only  if it is over 7 years old. Bankruptcy information can be reported for 10  years. "You have a right to obtain a copy of your  credit report from a credit bureau. You may be charged a reasonable fee.  There is no fee, however, if you have been turned down for credit,  employment, insurance, or a rental dwelling because of information in  your credit report within the preceding 60 days. The credit bureau must  provide someone to help you interpret the information in your credit  file. You are entitled to receive a free copy of your credit report if  you are unemployed and intend to apply for employment in the next 60  days, if you are a recipient of public welfare assistance, or if you  have reason to believe that there is inaccurate information in your  credit report due to fraud. "You have a right to sue a credit repair  organization that violates the Credit Repair Organization Act. This law  prohibits deceptive practices by credit repair organizations. "You have the right to cancel your contract  with any credit repair organization for any reason within 3 business  days from the date you signed it. "Credit bureaus are required to follow  reasonable procedures to ensure that the information they report is  accurate. However, mistakes may occur. "You may, on your own, notify a credit bureau  in writing that you dispute the accuracy of information in your credit  file. The credit bureau must then reinvestigate and modify or remove  inaccurate or incomplete information. The credit bureau may not charge  any fee for this service. Any pertinent information and copies of all  documents you have concerning an error should be given to the credit  bureau. "If the credit bureau's reinvestigation does  not resolve the dispute to your satisfaction, you may send a brief  statement to the credit bureau, to be kept in your file, explaining why  you think the record is inaccurate. The credit bureau must include a  summary of your statement about disputed information with any report it  issues about you. "The Federal Trade Commission regulates credit bureaus and credit repair organizations. For more information contact: 

"The Public Reference Branch

"Federal Trade Commission

"Washington, D.C. 20580".